Rust Custom maps are automatically created RUST Maps from the Facepunch Server Software.
On Official Servers you will always find (99%) a “Procedural Map” – a created Facepunch Map.
With Startup parameters like “World.Size” and “World.Seed” you will be able to manipulate and generate a own Rust Map for your Server.
There are Online-Map-Generators like https://rustmaps.com/ that will help you changed the Maps like you need.
As Example: map.size 4050 / world.seed 99178217 will get you this Map:
RUST Custom maps are Maps that will be Created by the Community to comepletly change the Gamemap with new and Custom monuments.
New Maps and New Monuments will help you to give your Community a Fresh RUST Wipe with new things to explore!
How to: Install Rust Custom Maps
Installing RUST Custom maps to your Server is a small and easy step.
Before you start please check the following points:
- Does your Hoster allow Custom Maps?
- Can you Upload DLL files?
- Do you have access to the Server with FTP?
if you can answere all points with “yes” – let’s go!
If not: Check out WeOxide Hosting 😉
Upload your Map to Dropbox
- After Uploading the Map “Share” the Map with “Create Link” and Copy your shared link
- Close your RUST Server
- Open the Server Config file: (*/server/<your ident>/config/server.cfg)
- Add the following line to the bottom of the file: levelurl “link zur Dropbox Map”
- You need to change the link from ?dl=0 to ?dl=1 – else it will not work!
- Save your Config and Restart the Server
If you need a Free Rust Custom map to test feel free to check out: Rust Custom Map Free – Lian Yu
A Premium Map can also be a good wax to let your Community Explore new Puzzles: Rust Custom Map Premium – Legend of Morningstar
Most Maps need the “Umod / Oxide” and “Oxide.Ext.RustEdit.dll” to Work.
uMod / Oxide Install
Get the newest uMod Version: https://umod.org/games/rust
- Just Copy the Folder into your RUST Server Main Folder
- Restart the Server. You can now put your Plugins into /oxide/plugins/
Get Oxide.Ext.RustEdit.dll: https://github.com/k1lly0u/Oxide.Ext.RustEdit
- Ext.RustEdit.dll need to be Uploaded in the following folder: /serverroot/RustDedicated_Data/Managed
- Restart your Server